Some got hitched, others broke up while the lucky one tied the knot. So here are the most memorable Kenyan celebrity weddings in 2017.
1. Uhuru’s son Jomo along with Achola Ngobi – 2017 will go down as the year the First Family celebrated the union of their first born son Jomo to his girlfriend, Achola Ngobi in a traditional wedding as opposed to a white wedding. The ceremony, which was graced by who’s who inside the public service as well as corporate along with political circles, took place at the family’s rural home at Ichaweri village in Gatundu South, Kiambu County.
2. Cecilia Sagini along with Victor Peace – The songbird famously decided to kill two birds with one one stone, by wedding her photographer fiancé Victor Peace in a private ceremony, just weeks after ditching secular music for gospel music. The two lovebirds, who attended the same primary school, only started off dating later in their adult years along with got engaged in 2016 on live TV.
3. Ken Mijungu along with Laureen – In April, NTV news anchor Ken Mijungu quit the bachelors’ club along with said ‘I do’ to his longtime girlfriend Laureen in a colourful ceremony at Fuschia Gardens in Limuru. The invite-only affair was attended by family along with friends including a not bad number of Mijungu’s colleagues coming from NTV. Among the groom’s men were fellow news presenters, Dennis Okari, Trevor Ombija along with Andrew Ochieng.
Also in attendance during the maroon along with gold themed affair were NTV General Manager, Linus Kaikai, NTV News Manager, Emmanuel Juma, presenters Larry Madowo, Dann Mwangi along having a host of Mijungu’s colleagues coming from Nation Media Group.
4. Willis Raburu along with Mary – Another media personality who decided to walk down the isle was Citizen TV presenter Willis Raburu who got married to his fiancée Mary in a garden wedding in May. During the wedding, the ever bubbly presenter, who hosts the morning show as well as entertainment show 10 over 10, stayed true to character on his big day having a comical grand entrance to the wedding venue.
5. Bahati along with his ‘prayer partner’ – Gospel singer Bahati also decided to tie the knot with his erstwhile ‘prayer partner’ along with long-time lover Diana Marua in a private ceremony. “of which is actually official, thank you Jesus. She is actually lawfully mine, at This kind of point let the babies come,” is actually all Bahati had to say on Instagram after the wedding.
6. Sarah Hassan along with Martin Dale – In February, former Tahidi High actress Sarah Hassan had also tied the knot with her longtime fiancé Martin Dale at a colourful garden wedding. The invites-only ceremony at Karura forest was witnessed by family, friends along with her colleagues inside the entertainment industry. Sarah along with Martin’s nuptials was attended by who is actually who inside the media along with entertainment industry including media mogul, SK Macharia, media personality Amina Abdi, actress Catherine Kamau along with fashion blogger Silvia Njoki.
7. Catherine Kamau along with Philip Karanja – They year 2017 was also a not bad one with This kind of acting couple who tied the knot in a high profile wedding at the Windsor Golf Hotel along with Country Club in November. Catherine is actually famous for her role as Celina in Mother in-law TV series, while Philip Karanja made a name among the lead characters inside the high school drama Tahidi High.
8. Paul Ndichu along with Evaline Momanyi – Ndichu, the father of former TV anchor Grace Msalame’s twin girls, moved on in May when he married Evaline Momanyi in a lavish ceremony attended by among others his sister in-law former Citizen TV anchor Janet Mbugua Ndichu. What surprised many Kenyas though is actually the fact of which Grace not only allowed her twins to be among the flower girls at the wedding, although also wished her ex husband along with his completely new wife a happy life together.
9. Adelle Onyango along with Falgun Bhojakis – In a year full of secret along with private weddings, Kiss FM breakfast show presenter Adelle Onyango also walked down the aisle with her husband Falgun Bhojakis at a secret wedding at Redhill heights, Limuru. The silver along with white themed ceremony was attended by the couple’s close family members along with friends including some of the bride’s colleagues at Radio Africa.
The post 2017’s most memorable celebrity weddings appeared first on Nairobi News.
Nairobi news, daily nation Kenya, newspaper, breaking, trending & latest news, Kenyan daily post
2017’s most memorable celebrity weddings