|Girls listen attentively|
The noblest of all ideas to have ever come into reality inside Girl Power Program will be the Entrepreneurship vision, with initial support via Women Win in addition to Platinum Credit, in what will be a trial run. The business competition was initiated with an aim of teaching in addition to instilling self financial sustenance within young girls in addition to at the same time have entrepreneurial skills embedded inside minds of the young girls. Platinum Credit was on hand, led by their CEO, Brette Sievewright to offer financial advice in addition to teaching to the young entrepreneurs. Out of the 12 schools that will handed in in addition to defended their business proposals, 9 schools won cash loans to facilitate start of their businesses.
|Platinum CEO, Mr Brette Sievewright|
1. Universal Primary– proposed opening a snacks shop received ksh. 7000.00
2. Karen C’s beadwork,crotchet, cardmaking in addition to poultry keeping proposal received ksh. 7000.00
3. Holy Unity– Proposed selling stationery in addition to received ksh. 7000.00
4. Maono Educational Centre– received ksh. 5000.00 for selling sanitary towels, stationery,snacks in addition to carbonated drinks
5. Malezi Secondary school received Ksh. 5000 for their idea involving the selling of confectionery in addition to snacks
6. Huruma High School received Ksh.7000.00 for their venture in beadwork in addition to card– generating
7. Malezi Middle School-proposed a confectionery in addition to stationery business in addition to were granted ksh. 5000.00
8. Shalyne Academy– proposed a unique groceries venture in addition to won ksh. 3000.00
9. Muslim Girls Secondary School received ksh. 5000.00 to start a juice generating in addition to confectionery business
that will will be worth reporting that will the projects are growing to fruition as some schools have been able to return the wholeamounts loaned to them. An indicator of flourishing business.