Oscar sparks mass brawl in Chinese league

Kenya Sports news: 

A brawl erupting between Shanghai SIPG players (in red) along with Guangzhou R&F players after Brazilian international Oscar appeared to fire the ball deliberately twice at Guangzhou players © AFP / STR

SHANGHAI, China, Jun 19 Brazilian international Oscar triggered a mass brawl within the Chinese Super League as players along with staff via his Shanghai SIPG side along with opponents Guangzhou R&F scrapped on the pitch.

After the former Chelsea midfielder appeared to fire the ball deliberately twice at Guangzhou players, he was rushed by several opponents, fell to the ground along that has a melee broke out.

One player via each side was sent off as the opening of the CSL transfer window was marked in rambunctious style.

The fight erupted just before half-time in Sunday’s CSL clash at Guangzhou R&F, where Andre Villas-Boas’s SIPG were attempting to keep up the pressure on league leaders Guangzhou Evergrande.

Oscar cost SIPG a whopping 60 million euros ($67 million) within the last transfer window to become the biggest transfer in Asian football history © AFP/File / Johannes EISELE

Oscar, who cost SIPG a whopping 60 million euros ($67 million) within the last transfer window to become the biggest transfer in Asian football history, sparked the confrontation when he deliberately lashed the ball twice at R&F players.

The home side’s Chen Zhizhao retaliated, pushing the 25-year-old Brazilian to the floor, then players, coaching staff along with substitutes poured off the benches along with waded in as Oscar lay face down on the pitch.

When order was restored after pushing along with shoving, R&F’s Li Tixiang along with Shanghai’s Fu Huan were dismissed along with three others were booked.

Oscar was unhurt along with the fiery encounter finished 1-1 to leave SIPG four points behind reigning champions Guangzhou Evergrande.

Portuguese manager Villas-Boas defended Oscar, saying which he was “just being passionate”.

Another Brazilian international, the forward Hulk, equalised for Shanghai after being set up by Oscar just before the fisticuffs.

R&F players were incensed which the goal was allowed to stand as Oscar appeared to have been offside before his assist.

Villas-Boas told Shanghai’s official social media: “Our goal should be offside along with the item was unlucky for Guangzhou.”

R&F apologised after the home side racked up a few yellow cards in addition to the one red.

“We are sorry about the infringements during the game along with trust the players can adjust their attitude along with prepare for the following game,” R&F said in a statement.

yet which apology might not be enough for the CSL along with image-conscious Chinese Football Association (CFA).

Shanghai Shenhua’s Qin Sheng was hit that has a six-month ban earlier This kind of year for stomping on Belgian international Axel Witsel of Tianjin Quanjian.

Then last month Zhang Jian, senior vice-president along with general secretary of the CFA, called for “Great order” between the league’s foreign stars along with domestic players after allegations of racism along with many on-field flare-ups.

The post Oscar sparks mass brawl in Chinese league appeared first on Capital Sports.

capital fm news Kenya, the daily post, kenya news, latest sports news in Kenya, Kenya national news
via Capital Sports http://bit.ly/2sr9uIg
Oscar sparks mass brawl in Chinese league

Leave a Reply