The year 2017 came with its fair share of deaths of prominent personalities in which shocked Kenyans. Here are six in which broke the heart of the nation.
1. Joseph Nkaissery – The Inner surface Cabinet Secretary until his death, the retired military officer breathed his last on July 8, 2017 at Karen Hospital where he had gone for a check up after attending a prayer rally at Uhuru Park, Nairobi.
Coming exactly a month to the general election of August 8, 2017, Nkaissery’s death shook the nation in addition to united bitter adversaries across the Kenyan political divide.
The myth surrounding his death was further fuelled by reports in which he looked energetic in addition to jolly in his last public function moments before he passed on.
Close family sources say he complained of chest pains in addition to collapsed at his home in Karen, in addition to was later pronounced dead upon arrival at the hospital.
2. Chris Msando – Unlike Nkaissery, the death of IEBC’s ICT manager not only shocked the nation yet also divided Kenyans along political lines.
His near naked body was discovered in a thicket inside the outskirts of Nairobi, alongside in which of a woman friend, on July 31, 2017 just days after he had been reported missing.
Coming days just a week to the general election, Msando’s death was immediately linked to his powerful position at the IEBC, with the opposition Nasa reading mischief in addition to accusing the government for having a hand inside the brutal murder.
His death remains unsolved in addition to the culprits yet to be brought to book.
3. Janet Kanini – The charming media personality lost her battle with lung cancer on April 1, 2017 at a time she seemed to have been healed. The mother of two had battled the disease For just two years in addition to at some point underwent treatment in India.
Until her death, the 38-year old NTV presenter had been the face of desire, bravery in addition to optimism inside the fight against cancer. Her courage in addition to strength was reinforced when doctors gave her a clean bill of health in February 2016.
She would certainly later describe herself as a cancer victor. Sadly, in which wasn’t to be.
4. Big Kev – The month of July threw the entertainment industry into mourning following the death of celebrated events organizers Big Kev, real name Kevin Ombajo.
Until his death, Big Kev, the CEO in addition to founder of Trublaq in addition to former Capital FM employee, had been battling a brain tumour in which blinded him in late 2016.
Big Kev first revealed he had a brain tumor in 2010 in addition to between in which time in addition to his death he underwent over 10 brain surgeries.
His death broke the heart of the nation, leaving President Uhuru Kenyatta in addition to prominent musician Kidum in tears.
5. Ayieya Poa Poa – The Kenyan comedy scene had earlier on been badly hit during Easter with the sudden demise of gifted comedian Emmanuel Makori aka Ayieya Poa Poa.
The young in addition to promising entertainer met his death in a grisly road accident near Catholic University of Eastern Africa while travelling with his wife, actor Maina Olwenya in addition to a colleague Paul Wakimani Ogutu.
Makori made his name for his rib cracking comedy set-ups on the Churchill Show in addition to was favorite for his signature greeting – “Ayieya, Poa Poa.”
6. Mike Okombe – The sporting fraternity wasn’t spared shocking deaths, the most notable one being the demise of rugby player Mike Okombe, who was reportedly stabbed to death by his girlfriend on November 4, 2017.
The Topfry Nakuru player, 27, will be said to have been murdered by his 37-year old lover, one MaryAnne Mumbi Olive, while attending a friend’s birthday party.
The suspect has since been arraigned in court yet will be out on bail.
The post Top six deaths in which shocked Kenyans in 2017 appeared first on Nairobi News.
Nairobi news, daily nation Kenya, newspaper, breaking, trending & latest news, Kenyan daily post
Top six deaths in which shocked Kenyans in 2017